Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 26 Mar 2017
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: 01 year
As a member of the Mali Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT), the post holder will have shared accountability for Save the Children’s International development programming in Sikasso, Mali.
The post-holder will effectively and efficiently coordinate operations systems, processes and activities in Sikasso, so that programmes are delivered on time according to organisational strategy, donor requirements and within allocated budgets. S/He will take leadership on aspects related to staffing structure and management, security, logistics, finance, IT and M&E systems. The post holder will play a strategic role in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children programmes to increase impact and enable positive change for children through:
- Supporting the delivery of quality programmes, including advocacy for children
- Ensuring Regional sub-offices (present or future) have the capacity and resources to deliver on our dual mandate
- Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and supporting the development of new opportunities
- Monitoring and tracking operational performance
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in development or other social sciences
- Minimum of 10 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
- Robust experience of NGO development and emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- A very good understanding of at least 3 of the sectoral programs
- Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- Knowledge and understanding of Mali and the Sahel
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Knowledge and understanding of gender sensitivity is a requirement in theory and practice
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Please apply in English or French using your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How to apply:
Application Email: Please apply with a covering letter and up-to-date CV to: ‘Fsy.email@example.com‘
Powered by Jobs Mali