Closing date: 31 May 2017
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment
At myAgro you will work harder and grow more than you dreamed possible. We are currently seeking entrepreneurial, passionate individuals seeking to support smallholder farmers across West Africa.
Program Associates are key members of myAgro’s team, focused on developing and managing our field and office programs and trials. A strong preference will be given to those who have operated in fast-growth environments with limited resources and/or in developing nations.
In this role, you will be charged with a range of diverse projects and responsibilities that will develop and hone your skills and abilities. You may work on 3-5 projects at a time, working iteratively with your manager to produce well thought-out, high quality work products.
The Program Associate, Agriculture role is critical to ensuring that we are delivering the highest quality of inputs and services possible to our farmers. With our ambitious plans to increase our impact with farmers, this is a crucial role to the team. For the right candidate, there are opportunities in the future to expand the role regionally.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
Training Development: Work with agricultural research team, training office, and field team to develop effective and impactful trainings that put best practices in the hands of farmers.
Training Execution: Work with training team, logistics, and field staff to execute hands on and effective training.**
Field Follow-up: Follow up to assure that best practices are being taught effectively in the field and respond quickly to push and reinforce information in the communication chain. Collaborate with M&E team to set up comprehensive field follow-up and rapid-reporting through mobile reporting.
Team Management: Manage a team of trainers and field agents
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- At least 2 years work experience and prior management experience, with one year in a developing country. Note that the ability to work with the speed and flexibility of a start-up versus an academic environment is crucial to this role. Preference for experience with agriculture focused social enterprise
- French and English proficiency – Business in Mali and Senegal is conducted in French, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro
- A bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field or significant experience administering farm training
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary for success
- Compensation is modest, but will be competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flight in year 2
- Excellent global benefits (health, dental, vision, & emergency)
- 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Stipend for local language lessons
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming!
How to apply:
Please submit your letter of interest and resume/cv here.
Powered by Jobs Mali